MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $0.99 COM, US, MOBI, BIZ, NET, ORG, CA, CO.UK and IN domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This wouldn't make them bankrupt. This is basically them spending their advertising budget - it's an effective way of getting new registrations which chances are most people will end up renewing.

I don't like GoDaddy because it requires a credit card, it's interface is annoying, its policies are strange and sometimes ridiculous, and I just don't trust it.
(2010-06-25, 03:00 PM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-25, 02:56 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]It costs them 7 dollars to register one. What if like a million people register it, and do your plan. They don't make it back.

They won't go under. You obviously didn't read my posts. They can afford this because you HAVE to use your C.C, meaning they are going to charge you full price next year unless you transfer away.

Yes. You could use a disposable one.
(2010-06-25, 02:56 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]It costs them 7 dollars to register one.

ORLY?
(2010-06-25, 03:03 PM)gamesmad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-25, 02:56 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]It costs them 7 dollars to register one.

ORLY?

Yes actually it is. Thats why some domain registars price so high. Like Network solution.
.co.uk you can only register for two years..how to godaddy explain that?
I'm still trying to figure out if I should or not buy about three domains using this promo Toungue I'm soooo tempted to do it... lol
GoDaddy requires verified paypal right? Well that sucks :/
(2010-06-25, 06:46 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy requires verified paypal right? Well that sucks :/

If you're purchasing a regular domain without any coupons. If you use this coupon, you can't even use paypal. You can only use a credit card.
oh, that sucks then

no thank you
I don't trust GoDaddy, they are an extremely shady company (Google around). If you deal a lot with domains/hosting you would know.

They've been known to "steal" domains. For example, I know many people who were looking to register a domain, and when they checked later to register them, they had already been registered in the last minute/hour/day(s).
Pages: 1 2 3 4