MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Building computers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What kind of machine Toungue
Well, not an uber powerful gaming machine, but something a bit powerful. :d I'll probably be doing some gaming on it Smile
(2010-06-28, 06:00 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not an uber powerful gaming machine, but something a bit powerful. :d I'll probably be doing some gaming on it Smile

Motherboards are broken into categories, things like Asus P5's (And P4's but i don't think you could run a core 2 quad core on a P4) are built for stability and work. Like i have some people on P4 who have not had an issue in years. Gaming i don't see many 775 sockets. I would actually go with the Striker, i haven't done any recent gaming machines so i wouldn't know.
how about this:
[attachment=18734]

I think all these are compatible Smile But it would be helpful if someone could check Smile

(ill PM the links if someone wants to check without typing out all those links XD)
(2010-06-28, 10:12 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]how about this:

I think all these are compatible Smile But it would be helpful if someone could check Smile

(ill PM the links if someone wants to check without typing out all those links XD)

Can we get links? I'm not going to search for them or retype all the urls.
Yeah, here you go Smile
Case
Board
CPU
PSU
RAM
GFX
HD
DVD drive
Looks like you shouldn't have any problems to me.
Gooood Smile Anything im missing? I presume these parts will come with the appropriate wires etc... Smile
(2010-06-28, 10:47 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Gooood Smile Anything im missing? I presume these parts will come with the appropriate wires etc... Smile

You should be fine on that front if not just go to local shop as they're cheap. (most due in less it's mentioned somewhere)
YES ONE THING YOU ARE MISSING HUGELY!

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/o...index.html

The board itself is a stable board. Meaning by that it is average and doesn't go above and beyond in any catergory, also its DDR 2 Toungue.

Also about the ram, if your only doing two pieces, you have to put both in the yellow (I think don't quote me, i haven't done more then two in so long..)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9