MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Back-up problems, syntax error & other problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I backed up my forum using the back-up utility in the admin control panel. But when I try and import the data to a new database the import gets stuck on the first table 'adminlog' and gives me the error

'SQL query:

INSERT INTO xlr_adminlog( 'uid', 'ipaddress', 'dateline', 'module', 'action', 'data' )
VALUES (
'1', '186.25.665.71', '1259845252', 'style/themes', 'add', 'a:2:{i:0;s:3:\"New\";i:1;i:3;}'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''uid','ipaddress','dateline','module','action','data') VALUES ('1','186.25.665.71' at line 1 '

This wouldnt be a problem if the other method of importing data worked.

If I use phpmyadmin on my server to backup the database and then import it to the new database EVERY time the log-in box dissappears from the top of my forum. This has been happening every time I try & back-up my database using phpmyadmin with mybb for the last year and a half at least, on several different domains.

Ive tried backing up as zip, xml, mysql, plain text. Ive tried every different way to get this working Sad

Does anyone know why the problem is occurring with either of these methods?
Regards
This is strange, I backed up the data from another mybb forum on a different domain and imported it into the new database and it went in fine. So am I to assume the problem is with the original forum I am backing up, (corrupt back-ups?) thus the data will not import properly?
Regards