MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want your sub-domains! Raise your traffic rankings by doing nothing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not to burst your bubble but Google treats a subdomain as a separate site and therefore it has a different PR than the main domain.
(2010-06-25, 06:05 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Not to burst your bubble but Google treats a subdomain as a separate site and therefore it has a different PR than the main domain.

Thats what I was thinking. But the upside to it could be that you could put your ad on the bottom or even your link, like, this site is from http://penhacks.net or something. Put a forced google adsense ad.
What happens with my Sub domains.
(2010-06-25, 06:05 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Not to burst your bubble but Google treats a subdomain as a separate site and therefore it has a different PR than the main domain.

Now you mention it, and I think about it, you are correct. This will not affect your main site PR, however it will affect your Alexa Traffic Rank and other traffic rankings.
(2010-06-25, 06:13 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Put a forced google adsense ad.

I was thinking of doing that, but not to start with. If anyone who ads a domain wants to force an ad on their sub-domains, I will certainly consider it. However, if people just wait it out a little while, I will be introducing a very nice incentive scheme for those who have their domains with the service. I can't go into many details until I've finished setting it all up, but (depending on quality of the domain) there will be opportunity for some nice auto-pilot earnings.
(2010-06-25, 06:14 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]What happens with my Sub domains.

I don't understand your question, could you possibly rephrase it?
Quote: What happens with my Sub domains.

I don't understand your question, could you possibly rephrase it?
I think he means the subdomains he already has, what will happen with those?
Sorry i mean my current sub domains.
Any current sub-domains that you have can be setup to continue functioning in the same way as they do now. It can either be done on a DNS level, or setup as a forwarded sub-domain (the kind you are letting people sign up for), whichever you prefer.

Did you have any particular domain/s in mind that we could go ahead and setup? I can give you a full demonstration of how everything works for your peace of mind if you like Smile
Yea i was thinking of letting you use my Tm0.im or Tm0.org domain.
Sounds great, nice short domains you have there Smile I'll drop you a PM 41shots.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their responses (including those who have PM'd me but not replied to this thread), I'm looking forward to working alongside you all.

If anyone else is interested in adding their domain/s, or if you have a question that hasn't been asked yet, feel free to make a post or drop me a message Smile
And what happens when a domain expires? or they decide to not let you use it anymore?
Pages: 1 2 3