MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is GoDaddy trying to scare me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was transferring a domain away from Go Daddy, and the email they sent me had the subject "DOMAIN REGISTRATION CANCELLED", then the body of the email explained that the domain would take 5-7 days to transfer, blah blah blah. I nearly jumped back in my chair.

Do they like scaring people one last time before they're gone forever? =/
It's really hard to get your domains from GoDaddy, at least from what I've heard and seen. So I guess when you finally are about to make it, they try to at least scare you Toungue
I don't really care for GoDaddy, it's always seemed like a scam so I just use my host's domain service.
(2010-06-26, 05:24 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really care for GoDaddy, it's always seemed like a scam so I just use my host's domain service.

Oh no...

All of your eggs + 1 basket = disaster. Sad
I have two domains registered with GoDaddy, I'm waiting until I have to renew them so I can transfer them to namecheap (which is what I'm now using).
(2010-06-26, 05:28 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-26, 05:24 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really care for GoDaddy, it's always seemed like a scam so I just use my host's domain service.

Oh no...

All of your eggs + 1 basket = disaster. Sad

What do you mean by that?
Contact their support.
I used to buy all my domains from GoDaddy because I thought all registrars were the same then someone (Labrocca I think) suggested Name.com and so I registered my domain with them and boy, what a breath of fresh air! Trying to scare you seems exactly like something GoDaddy would do...
Yeah, if you have auto renew on, then transfer your domain you get alerts and such tellin you your domain has been "cancelled" when infant it's the renewal that's been cancelled Wink
That's normal. I know it's alarming but that basically means the transfer was successful.

And it's not that hard to transfer away domains from Godaddy. I do it all the time.
Pages: 1 2