MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning for exams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
May peace be upon you
Due to my upcoming exams, i have taken the decision not to go online for a while. But i am not strong enough for it.
Could you please ban me as from now to 1st November 2010.

That would help me a lot in my studies.
Best regards
Nayar

P.S. Banning my IP only won't work as my IP changes everyday.
Sorry but people have asked for this before and we have said no so as to retain the integrity of banning. Just ask a friend to change your password then reset it after your exams are over or something.
ohh Sad
I would really want the staffs to reconsider my request.
That's silly. You need to learn self control and just don't come to the forums until your done. That's a skill that will stick with you for life.
Zash read up on addiction and brain wave centres and internet. Addiction to the internet is a real hard to fight task. From an article i read i remember it saying that it can be upto 12 times harder to break then smoking or other addictive drugs.
(2010-06-26, 02:49 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Zash read up on addiction and brain wave centres and internet. Addiction to the internet is a real hard to fight task. From an article i read i remember it saying that it can be upto 12 times harder to break then smoking or other addictive drugs.

atleast someone who understands me Smile
Anyways, i'll have to manage by myself to stay away from mybb

http://modmymobile.com/forums/2-chit-cha...ned-5.html
How does being banned stop you from visiting the site?
(2010-06-26, 04:11 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]How does being banned stop you from visiting the site?
* Nayar wonders if KuJoe knows the meaning of "banning"
You can always parent block the site and remove the block after the exams Toungue

But I think you should leanr to control yourself like Zash said up in the thread^^
I would let this user have his choice if he wants it this way, I have seen many people asking for there accounts to be disabled on mybb and many other forums and websites and social community sites. If this person request it then there should be measures on here of privacy taken?

So as the requests comes from the OP, Is there anyway for his account to be disabled until he requests it back?

Maybe he chooses this route cause he has family and is afraid that someone might grab a hold of his MyBB account?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2