MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: date() related errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. I upgraded PHP on my server from 5.1.6 to 5.3.2, and now i am getting warnings like this:

Warning [2] date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead - Line: 536 - File: admin/modules/tools/system_health.php PHP

Warning [2] date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead - Line: 722 - File: admin/modules/tools/tasks.php PHP 5.3.2 (Linux)

Warning [2] strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead - Line: 221 - File: inc/class_feedparser.php PHP 5.3.2 (Linux)

Is any way to fix it?

Regards

EDIT:
One more:

Warning [2] mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead - Line: 1409 - File: member.php PHP 5.3.2 (Linux)

It's MyBB 1.4.13
Okay, problem solved. Here's the solution (for others):

In your php.ini file make sure, that u set date.timezone variable, for me its GMT. Save, restart apache and voila! warnings gone Wink
Yeah that's an improper php setup. Glad you got it fixed.