MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the legal age owning a domain/website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
[update: I placed a "Question" post icon]

What age does it take to run a forum or website? What is the minimal age to own a credit card? Whats' the legal age to own a credit card and purchase a domain?

Last question: Why are forums and sites, allowing children on them with adults? Dodgy

My forum is for use solely by responsible adults over the age of 18 (or the age of consent in the jurisdiction from which it is being accessed).

Visiting any Online site if you are under 18 years of age may be prohibited by federal, provincial or state or local laws.

What do people take on this topic?

Thanks
(2010-06-26, 07:25 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Why are forums and sites, allowing children on them with adults? Dodgy

Why not? Confused
i changed it and expressed more in detail if you look up..
technoman Wrote:Visiting any Online site if you are under 18 years of age may be prohibited by federal, provincial or state or local laws.
No, no, no! Anyone should be able to use the computer. And, it's up to the parents what the kids are allowed to view, in my opinion. Plus, whatever the website rules are. Wink

To run a forum or website, I don't know. Anyone should be able to do it in my opinion, as long as they meet standards with their host. For the credit card and domain purchasing, I say 18+.

Big Grin
(2010-06-26, 07:27 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]i changed it and expressed more in detail if you look up..

My question still stands, why shouldn't you allow children on sites with adults?
13, because coppa or w/e it is. Though i've seen 10 year old run semi successful sites.
Coppa doesn't apply in the UK.
(2010-06-26, 07:28 PM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]No, no, no! Anyone should be able to use the computer. And, it's up to the parents what the kids are allowed to view, in my opinion. Plus, whatever the website rules are. Wink

We have the responsibility as a Adult, Has anyone ever heard the word "responsibility?" Sometimes an accident can be prevented to the responsibility of the adult if we were to follow the legal laws being the Parent and the Owner of the site!

(2010-06-26, 07:31 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]why shouldn'y you allow children on sites with adults?

Looks like your saying Why should it matter you let a 13 year old on your site regardless the laws? Did you not ever think that if we stuck with the laws there would be less accidents and law suits? Someone like myself wants this to stop completly. They are alot of faults for these tragic accidents that happen online. But maybe I'm the ONLY person who is concerned?
(2010-06-26, 07:46 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your saying Why should it matter you let a 13 year old on your site regardless the laws? Did you not ever think that if we stuck with the laws there would be less accidents and law suits? Someone like myself wants this to stop completly. They are alot of faults for these tragic accidents that happen online. But maybe I'm the ONLY person who is concerned?

There are no laws to stop 13 years olds using the same site as adults, not here anyway.

I'm not concerned tbh.
Ok, webmasters how can they truely prevent kids from accessing website? "Enter if your 18+ only" yea I'm sure thats a great deterrent for the kid who is already searching for the website.

It's should be the sole responsibility of the parents if they don't want their child to access the website.

As for the age of running a site, theres no reason why a kid can't run a site and earning money. I got my first debit card when i was 12 and it's been very useful purchased alot of stuff online whilst recieving money online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25