MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some members having login trouble after merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just the Google SEO, Login Password Conversion, and reCAPTCHA II plugins but the problem existed before the Google SEO plugins.
It probably won't help but try uploading a fresh copy of member.php

I just logged out and can't get back in again straight away.
^ ok, I uploaded a fresh member.php
Nope, still can't login. I have no idea, sorry.
(2010-06-27, 01:12 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, still can't login. I have no idea, sorry.

It's frustrating. Why would it work fine one minute and then not at all the next, when there were no settings or anything changed. Thanks for trying to help though AJS. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon.
(2010-06-27, 01:15 AM)allbordercollies Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-27, 01:12 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, still can't login. I have no idea, sorry.

It's frustrating. Why would it work fine one minute and then not at all the next, when there were no settings or anything changed. Thanks for trying to help though AJS. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon.

I'm sure Matt will have some idea when he comes back to this thread. Smile
It's up to 5 members with this problem now. Any ideas?

Recap:

Only some members have the problem. They cannot login, when they try it just refreshes the login screen and gives no error message. Changing password doesn't help and I cannot login to their account on my end either. The cookie settings are correct. If I create them a new account and merge the old one into it they can login. But then when they logout they can't login again and the problem starts all over.

This is all on MyBB 1.4 that I merged a phpBB 3 forum into. Cannot really duplicate the problem as it only affect a small number of members. Any more suggestions on what I should try to fix the issue are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

The plugins that are installed and active are: Google SEO, Login Password Conversion, and reCAPTCHA II
Bump

Still having this issue. It went away on its own for awhile but it's back and the same folks who couldn't login before cannot login again. I haven't made any changes to the forums so I don't know why it has become a problem again. Any ideas? Also, one member who couldn't login created a new account and it worked but then within a day they were unable to login on the new account as well.

ETA: here is one of the accounts that is having the trouble. I changed their username and password to make it a test account and it still isn't working, so hopefully it will help us figure out the problem. username: Tester password: tester123
abcollies, Have you tried disabling the loginconvert plugin? If not please do so and report on the ability to login after.
(2010-08-27, 01:06 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]abcollies, Have you tried disabling the loginconvert plugin? If not please do so and report on the ability to login after.

I tried the "Tester" account and it didn't login. Then I deactivated the Login Password Conversion plugin and tried again and it did login. But when I tried the other accounts that weren't working they still will not work with the plugin disabled.

I reactivated the Login Password Conversion plugin and the 'Tester' account is still able to login.
Pages: 1 2 3