MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drawback to mods/threads syncing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When hearing that the Mods site and the Releases forum would be synced sometime in the future, I thought it was a brilliant idea. I know how time consuming it is to submit a theme to the Mods site, wait, and after about two days, post a thread. There is one major drawback that I see if this is going to be implemented: creativity. To sync the Mods site and the Releases forum would, in the way I see it, have to use a template system to control the amounts of mods being submitted. If that is the case, threads like the Afresh and my Novus thread will be dumbed down into uncreative rubble.

I have an idea that will combat the templated threads. Before the theme is submitted, let the user have a choice of either editing the thread and content or leaving it as the default. I don't know if anything like that is in the process of being developed but if the syncing does require a template, then I strongly recommend using the method I have described.
I was under the impression that you would be able to edit the thread of your mods.
I think the threads will still be open for discussion/support so popular releases will get bumped to the top.
The "syncing" probably means all mods allowed in the forum have to also be released @mybb.com.

(2010-06-27, 12:00 AM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]...dumbed down into uncreative rubble.

This is MyBB, not reality TV. Toungue
(2010-06-27, 04:54 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that you would be able to edit the thread of your mods.

Yes I believe you would be able to edit them. The bonus this syncing makes is that if you can't be bothered to make it all nice and fancy you have no need to.
Yes, I believe Alan Crisp intends to have the system post the thread automatically under your user name, allowing you to edit it.