MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Cannot Edit Other Members Posts With This New Template & Theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The edit button no longer exists after I changed theme and template. Why?
I assume because you deleted the postbit_edit from the template?
Revert the postbit_edit template.
(2010-06-27, 12:32 AM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I assume because you deleted the postbit_edit from the template?

No, I checked and its there. Also postbit_edit.gif is there too.

What could possibly be wrong? Sad
Can you edit your own...??
(2010-07-06, 04:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can you edit your own...??

No I cannot. The edit button isn't appearing anywhere.

Here we go. You have never failed me Matt. Every problem I had, you fixed. Lets see if you can continue this streak.... :0
I just told you, revert the postbit_edit. If that didn't work than it must be a plugin.
(2010-07-09, 01:29 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I just told you, revert the postbit_edit. If that didn't work than it must be a plugin.

Your thinking postbit_edit is corrupted, or? How do you do that to a template? Can you do it on FTP?
No, it's done in the ACP. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Post Bit Templates > postnit_edit > Options > Revert to Original. Also make sure {$post['button_edit']} is before {$post['button_quickdelete']} in the postbit and postbit_classic template. Also make sure that editing is allowed in the usergroup permissions and the advanced permissions in each forum.
It only shows "Full edit" under the Options tab.

Editing is allowed, already checked. Wink
(2010-07-11, 07:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's done in the ACP. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Post Bit Templates > postnit_edit > Options > Revert to Original. Also make sure {$post['button_edit']} is before {$post['button_quickdelete']} in the postbit and postbit_classic template. Also make sure that editing is allowed in the usergroup permissions and the advanced permissions in each forum.

The only changes in the postbit template was one that was made by a plugin installed a few days ago. However, this will not affect it because we have had this problem for months.
So, an unsolved program will wait?
Pages: 1 2