MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Harding my security on my server and i need to close some port. But i don't want to close the wrong port what ports do i need to have open so that mybb will run correctly.List of open ports below.
port 143/tcp
port 53/tcp
port 443/tcp
port 995/tcp
port 587/tcp
port 110/tcp
port 3306/tcp
port 993/tcp
port 21/tcp
port 22/tcp
port 80/tcp
port 25/tcp
port 8443/tcp
port 465/tcp
port 106/tcp
Take a look here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP...rt_numbers

I assume that you would need HTTP, FTP and mail ports open, but make sure that any other ports that other softwares on the server use are open.
MyBB will only need port 80 and 3306 open. 21 is FTP and 22 is SSH. There are a few mail ports there as well.
yea i was thinking about disabling them but i dont know if it will stop the server from sending activation emailsUndecided
lets put it this way, MyBB needs no special ports open that would not otherwise be open for a standard webserver to operate correctly. just because MyBB only needs 80 and 3306 (HTTP and mySQL) it does not mean that the server and its other software do not need other ports open.
Yea i understand that im not using those ports for nothing i dont use the email on my server i use gmail i guess ill just disable em and test