MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WAMP Custom URLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,

I got WAMP going on my computer and i want to be able to view pages that have custom URLs.

For example, i want to be able to view the About page using a custom URL like

Quote:http://localhost/cohenl/about

But i can't do that, how do i do it?
take out the index thats inside the www wamp folder
(2010-06-29, 12:59 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]take out the index thats inside the www wamp folder

You are feeding wrong information.

@Author: You can do that with htaccess. Look it up, there are tons of examples Wink
I have tried htaccess but it doesn't work with the code i have put in..

I am using Wordpress by the way, if that helps at all.
(2010-06-29, 01:02 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-29, 12:59 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]take out the index thats inside the www wamp folder

You are feeding wrong information.

@Author: You can do that with htaccess. Look it up, there are tons of examples Wink

by default wamp comes with a index inside the www, like myself i removed it
then i edited the virtual hosts and added all domains pointing to different folders inside the wamp folder without the index inside it.
(2010-06-29, 01:30 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried htaccess but it doesn't work with the code i have put in..

Have you enabled mod_rewrite?
Meh xampp all teh way.
(2010-06-29, 12:02 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-29, 01:30 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried htaccess but it doesn't work with the code i have put in..

Have you enabled mod_rewrite?

Yes.

(2010-06-29, 12:28 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Meh xampp all teh way.

Well, i'm downloading that now. I'll see how i go.
I've been using xampp with no problem for my localhost Toungue
(2010-06-29, 10:29 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using xampp with no problem for my localhost Toungue

Almost installed, so i might end up using xampp if it works for me and does what i want it to do.
Pages: 1 2 3