MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lol....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When you say "Lol" do you really laugh out loud? I think if all people really laughed out loud every time they say lol, you would hear non-stop laughing all the time. Every where you go you'd hear some random person going HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
lol is a placeholder for, "i have nothing to say, but i don't want to end the convo here" or "i don't want to say anything therefore lol"
(2010-06-29, 01:56 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "Lol" do you really laugh out loud? I think if all people really laughed out loud every time they say lol, you would hear non-stop laughing all the time. Every where you go you'd hear some random person going HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I do sometime it's not like I break out laughing and crying on the floor though. It's just usually just like 1-2 seconds if that.
(2010-06-29, 01:57 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]lol is a placeholder for, "i have nothing to say, but i don't want to end the convo here" or "i don't want to say anything therefore lol"

Haha I think thats right.
(2010-06-29, 01:57 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]lol is a placeholder for, "i have nothing to say, but i don't want to end the convo here" or "i don't want to say anything therefore lol"

To me lol means a chuckle. It's funny but not significant enough to produce an actual laugh.
I use Lol a lot, but never actually laugh out loud. Generally I use it to keep the mood of the conversation up. Wink
XD is my lol
What about ROFLMAO, or ROFPIP!!
Most of the time if I actually did "lol" I'll mention that I did actually laugh. Smile
ROFPIP? Huh
Pages: 1 2 3