MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Genesis A.D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here play Genesis A.D.? It just went into closed beta 3 days ago, it's like Combat Arms, but sci-fi and better. I love the escape game mode. It says "closed beta" on the site, but it's really open to the public, and there's nothing "closed" about it. It's an insanely fun MMOFPS game, I highly recommend it. The game even runs fine on older computers (mine's from 2006 and runs the game fine) and is lag-free even on average Internet connections (I have a 1MB connection and it runs fine). The game is also a pretty quick and small download compared to most other games. I highly recommend that you try out the escape game mode before anything else, because it's just a million times better than team deathmatch, the game also features co-op and other game modes, which I'll write about once I try them. Oh, and best of all, the game is free. Below is a video of the game and here is the official website: http://genesis.ijji.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4dHlqZMDRM
It is published by Ijji therefore I will not be taking part. Smile
(2010-06-29, 02:08 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]It is published by Ijji therefore I will not be taking part. Smile

Pretty much, besides there hasn't been a good true mmofps imo. I though huxely would be but it just turned out to be unreal tournament with lobby for shops. Rolleyes
Yeah, and Combat Arms was just Nexon buying the rights to a modified Source engine release. The only decent MMORPG publishers (disregarding Blizzard and NCSoft) is PerfectWorld and gPotato. They seem to really polish their games. I found that Allods Online was the most polished and professional MMORPG I have ever played. In fact, if it was pay to play, I would probably still subscribe each month to play.
I'm surprised you guys hate ijji. I find their products to be good. I've had a good experience with all three of their games I've played (GunZ: The Duel, Genesis A.D., and Neo Steam). Sure GunZ is pathetic and Neo Steam is buggy, but they really go things right with Genesis.
I dislike all of their MMORPGs mainly because they IP ban Australians and I'm addicted to Battle of the Immortals at the moment. Smile
(2010-06-29, 08:02 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]I dislike all of their MMORPGs mainly because they IP ban Australians and I'm addicted to Battle of the Immortals at the moment. Smile

It's an MMOFPS though?
No. But I haven't found any MMOFPS to be decent. Gunz could have been good if they didn't originally use a peer-to-peer protocol. I couldn't get a ping less than 600ms with my internet.
Planetside was decent before they ruined it with BFRs. VS forever!