MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: quick reply is throwing a mysql error, but a standard reply isn't..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title says..when I make a quick reply, it throws this error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'uglycars_vehicle'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

but when you hit 'new reply' it seems to work just fine.

forum url-
http://vehiclecommunity.com/forum

I have 0 plugins enabled.
well at least you get access denied i don't even get that error.

maybe you have an incorrect password.. i don' know really
You have the wrong password for your mysql database defined, in your case, you have not defined one.

Open ./inc/config.php and edit the entry for $config['database']['password'] to be your database password.
this is what my host, host monster, sent me in an email after I opened up a ticket with them:

In reviewing the error and the debug information from your mybb forum, I discovered that two of your tables appear to be having a problem:

mybb_modtools & mybb_threadsubscriptions appear to be empty when they shouldn't be.

here are the queries that are attempting to execute which i believe are causing the mysql problem:

#18 - Select Query
SELECT tid, name, type FROM mybb_modtools WHERE CONCAT(',',forums,',') LIKE '%,6,%' OR CONCAT(',',forums,',') LIKE '%,-1,%' OR forums=''
table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra
Impossible WHERE noticed after reading const tables
Query Time: 6.48498535156E-5

#19 - Select Query
SELECT tid FROM mybb_threadsubscriptions WHERE tid='4' AND uid='7' LIMIT 1
table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra
Impossible WHERE noticed after reading const tables
Query Time: 6.38961791992E-5

Please check with the mybb support and see if you can get a copy of the two tables with default data intact. That should resolve the database problem.
(2010-06-29, 04:20 PM)HermXIV Wrote: [ -> ]You have the wrong password for your mysql database defined, in your case, you have not defined one.

Open ./inc/config.php and edit the entry for $config['database']['password'] to be your database password.

that is not true..the password is defined in inc/config.php

I just checked.
Clearly your host doesn't know what they're talking about if they think those queries have anything to do with this, the only slightly odd thing is OR forums='' but I don't know why they think those are the cause, an impossible where is quite common from what I've seen. Why did they say they shouldn't be empty?? They're empty unless you insert something to them... Undecided

You must have some modification somewhere though if it's saying it can't connect in that specific place only...
(2010-06-29, 08:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly your host doesn't know what they're talking about if they think those queries have anything to do with this, the only slightly odd thing is OR forums='' but I don't know why they think those are the cause, an impossible where is quite common from what I've seen. Why did they say they shouldn't be empty?? They're empty unless you insert something to them... Undecided

You must have some modification somewhere though if it's saying it can't connect in that specific place only...

Matt,

I'll pm you login info so you can take a peak at the forum if you want.

looks like zinga's admsec.php plugin was causing the problem. I deactivated it and it appears the quick reply is working fine. also, someone else reported the problem over on zinga's forums:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...54#pid2254