MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I view the password of a user??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to know what is the password of a user in my forum...
How can I do it??
You can't passwords are hashed no way to recover the password.
If they need to login into their account they can use the forgot your password feature.
but in the database??
Are the stored in the database??
Password itself is not stored anywhere and you have no reason to need it really.
ok, so...
The question is answered
(2010-06-30, 02:33 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]Password itself is not stored anywhere and you have no reason to need it really.
... it's stored in the database, what do you mean it's not stored anywhere.
The hash is there but not password itself
(2010-06-30, 05:51 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]The hash is there but not password itself
There are ways to "unhash" that, it might be a hashed password but a password is a password. Anyways it seems like he doesn't need help anymore.
Bob, you need to learn the difference between hashed and encrypted.

Assuming a good hashing algorithm (MyBB uses a salted MD5), the only way to find input which hashes to the same result is a brute-force attack.
(2010-07-01, 03:06 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Bob, you need to learn the difference between hashed and encrypted.

Assuming a good hashing algorithm (MyBB uses a salted MD5), the only way to find input which hashes to the same result is a brute-force attack.
Correct, I never stated that you could see the passwords, the user just asked where the passwords where and as you just stated passwords can always be decrypted.