MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: N00bie question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the life of me I can't figure it out. How do you set it up so after some one activates their account they don't go into the registered users group and go into anther group, then after they make 5 posts they go into the registered users group.

My ultimate goal here, is to make it so when people join they have to make at least 5 posts before they can have a sig. Any ideas?
Leave them in the registered user group(not sure how to change going into that by default) but disable signatures in that, then you'll want to setup a group promotion into a new group that is the same as registered but with the settings you want enabled for people with more than 5 posts.
Man I am so sorry I dunno why I am being sooooo stupid today. But where do I edit the registered users (group) signature settings? When I go to group edits I can't find anything about that in any part, and I can't find it in configuration either.
There's a plugin for this, I'm sure =) I'm not sure which one =/ But I've got it installed on my board =P
(2010-07-01, 04:18 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]There's a plugin for this, I'm sure =) I'm not sure which one =/ But I've got it installed on my board =P

I'll try looking for that.
Doesn't default profile do that?
Nah. Once you go into the regular user group you can have sigs.
Create another group to have as the 'new' default registered group. Then change the existing one to disallow sigs. You can use this for disallowing sigs: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2975.html

In terms of changing groups when they have reached 5 posts you can use Group Promotions for that to do it automatically. (On the sidebar in Users & Groups).
Thank you so very very very much. Big Grin