MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making money!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I own a forum that has almost 300,000 posts and 5,000 members. It's pretty active. As of now, the only profit coming in is from $5 dollar premium memberships. Hosting is super expensive. The VPS currently costs $60 a month. I'm trying to find ways of earning money from the site, but I don't want to clutter it with Google Adsense or any other ad services. So, what are some good ways to make money from the site without increasing the premium memberships and cluttering the site with ads?
I've gotten a good amount of cash from cmybb.com through that DreamHost referral banner.
(2010-07-01, 09:20 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten a good amount of cash from cmybb.com through that DreamHost referral banner.

Really? If you don't mind me asking, how much exactly? Do they pay via checks and what are the min. payouts, ect?
(2010-07-01, 09:22 PM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-01, 09:20 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten a good amount of cash from cmybb.com through that DreamHost referral banner.

Really? If you don't mind me asking, how much exactly? Do they pay via checks and what are the min. payouts, ect?

They pay $97 per referral, but they only cash out through PayPal.
There's no minimum payout, but you have to wait 97 days to get it because thats how long their trial is. Once you get a momentum of referrals going, you won't notice the long wait, though.
Are you about to convert the site to MyBB from IPB?
(2010-07-01, 11:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Are you about to convert the site to MyBB from IPB?

No such converter, AFAIK.
Yupp there isn't. But, even if there was I'll be waiting until 1.6 comes out just so I wouldn't have to upgrade twice. I probably won't convert Fringe, but Gra-Fix is def. a possibility.
Set up the default profiles plugin, and set signatures to an adf.ly link.
Oh yea, Invision. But still do that if you can.
You could try something like BuySellAds, it's a more stylish and profitable way to have ads Toungue
If you own the IPB license, don't bother downgrading.
Pages: 1 2