MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Wip] MyLynx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's the point in lynx? No one lives in the dark ages and needs a command line browser do they?
(2010-07-02, 06:18 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point in lynx? No one lives in the dark ages and needs a command line browser do they?

I use lynx much more often then you think. A lot of people do.
(2010-07-02, 06:18 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point in lynx? No one lives in the dark ages and needs a command line browser do they?

Command line is simple and you navigate only with keys. No images either. Doesn't get much better.
(2010-07-02, 10:10 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]

Command line is simple and you navigate only with keys. No images either. Doesn't get much better.

Speed and load time are faster too, less stress on your system, all that good stuff.
Interesting.
Possible to get a copy?
Trying to figure out how to remove the first line in the screenshot still. In honesty i haven't done much i've been busy. A local charity is getting me to help them with there network.
Stress on your system? you running windows 3.1 or something. It's pointless.
(2010-07-06, 09:45 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Stress on your system? you running windows 3.1 or something. It's pointless.

Not really. On my current linux machine i usually have 3 command line versions running with my GUI. (Can't explain well but the crtl orange fs1 etc) Plus a bunch of unoptimized old programs that i really should get someone to fix...
Lynx was very worthwhile when I was running a distro of Linux on my NDS a while back. Since the official Opera port was so incredibly terrible.
Pages: 1 2