MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Difference between Netbook and Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what is the difference between a Netbook and a Laptop. I know the netbook is smaller, but what else?
Netbook is for people who use internet only? :p
But can you do other stuff on it?
Main difference is size and battery life. Normally they come with a VIA C7, VIA Nano, Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, or AMD Neo CPU. They are the only machines still authorized by Microsoft to be sold with Windows XP but they must meet the following requirements:
1) Screen must be less than 10".
2) RAM cannot exceed 2GB (although you can upgrade this).

Normally a netbook will have between 6 and 14 hours of battery life but will normally have no more than a single core 1.8GHz CPU (no virtualization or 64-bit support). Weight ranges from 2lbs to 4lbs depending on battery and the majority of the time you will be limited to a 1024x600 resolution.

While it is normally used for internet, e-mail, and word processing. I have turned mine into a desktop replacement and do everything from Netflix to gaming (albeit I am limited to older games but still enjoy Diablo 2 and keep in mind my netbook was one of the first released so the newer ones are much more powerful Wink). Also, the newer video cards (NVIDIA Ion to be exact) support full 1080i playback!
Wow you described that perfectly. You know alot xD
I <3 netbooks. Big Grin
Thanks for the information Smile
In 41shots terms.

Netbook: for Notes/internet, has: atom processor, usually 1.5gb ram. (Max)

Noteboke: Can be desktop replacements, strong processor lots of ram,
a netbook is good if you just want to suf the internet and northing more tho you can do other things with them as well. but if you want an computer i would go with an laptop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHaQ5hoUf-4