MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysql Error is the cause the version MySQLi 5.5.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running this on another computer so i can test some stuff
I run MySQLi 5.5.2 with no problems on another computer.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog ( uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module, action) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Screen shot of error
[attachment=18788]
Maybe try installing mySQL?
Installed MySql 5.4.3 and it worked
I don't think it's a good idea to use such bleeding edge releases of PHP and MySQL, it won't be as stable as the latest stable release; is 5.5.3 publicly released??
O.K. now Mysql 5.5.8 is now Generally Available so how can i fix this error ?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9 Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog ( uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module, action) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

That error comes about when you try to install MyBB on MySQL versions > 5.5

MySQL removed the TYPE option beginning version 5.5 hence the errors you're getting.

This problem has been fixed in the repository and will be available in 1.6.2. You can download and use the changed files from here
http://dev.mybboard.net/projects/mybb/re...sions/5299

Or just use MySQL versions older than 5.5
Thank you very much G33K