MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is a MyBB merge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ask this because I thought a MyBB merge is when you unite data (in my case 'users') from one forum to another. I just did a merge, but I don't notice anything different.

I have an old mybb forum with thousands of users and I have a brand new mybb forum installed on a different directory. My goal is to combine the users with the old forum to the new forum. I thought a merge could do that, no?

What am I doing wrong...and if my definition of a Mybb merge is wrong, explain it to me. Wink
Yes, it merges the data from both into one. If you don't see the data from the source forum in the destination forum then you probably didn't run it right.
"From both into one?" So the users on my old forum will be moved to my new forum? I just want a copy of them in my new forum.
How do I set the merge so that it goes to my destination forum? It does not prompt me to send data to a specific forum. My forums are on different directories.
Yes, it copies data from the source forum to destination forum, doesn't actually delete anything from the source forum. The destination forum is wherever you put the /convert/ folder, and you give the database details of the source forum...
Oh........thank you so much! makes sense now!