MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When you make a theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you replace ALL the images, smileys and other images such as the icon set that comes with MyBB? (Can't remember the name, other softwares use it too)
The icon set is... http://famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ ? :p
Depends on if I feel it's needed Toungue. I usually have a different smiley set anyway(but not all work well on dark backgrounds). Icons depend on if they fit the rest of the theme.
Only if i do a dark theme. Then yes. Actually yes i usually do. I use the PNG ones.
I replaced the smilies on my site with my own, it helps make my site a bit more unique. For my themes, I either make my own icons or, in the case of my latest couple of themes I'm working on, use the Fugue icon set which I feel is more smooth than the Silk that MyBB uses by default and so fits in better with the rest of my theme.
I replace some images, depending on the theme.

Mainly the smaller images i replace with the famfamfam icons.
I generally am a lot less lazy in replacing images on my own theme, rather than distributed themes - where I would mostly just change the main images.