MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mac Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is mybb available for macs?
If so can I have a link please?
If not then mybb, make one
Macs host servers? (Don't hate me for the ignorance)

If they do, then they need to be able to run PHP and MySQL.
(2010-07-05, 02:38 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Macs host servers? (Don't hate me for the ignorance)

If they do, then they need to be able to run PHP and MySQL.

I don't have a clue what you mean by ignorant, or anything else for that matter.

Sorry, i dont mean to be rude but in english?
lol
MyBB will work on a Mac if a Mac is capable of running PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4. (Version requirements will change for MyBB 1.6) And, of course, Mac's equivalent of Apache (or Lightspeed, Solaris, etc.) I really can't explain it clearer than that.
And how do I make my mac compatible?
You do realize you need a server to host MyBB, right? If you wanted to host it from home, you could. But seeing you don't know what MySQL or PHP is, that wouldn't be a good idea. Easiest method would be to get a host from here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html

For beginners, don't get a VPS or dedicated.
What are you talking about? MyBB has little to do with the operating system. You need Apache (or alternative, PHP, and MySQL for mybb to work.

http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html

Then you can install it but it's probably only go visible for you. If you want others to see it you need to find a host.
On free hostia do i choose:

phbb2
phbb3
or
Simple machines forum?
(2010-07-05, 04:40 PM)Wonder Wrote: [ -> ]On free hostia do i choose:

phbb2
phbb3
or
Simple machines forum?

Those are all other forum software. Pick either one of those and you won't be able to use MyBB.
Just download XAMPP and install your forum on localhost. If you want to install Mybb in a not local server (yoursite.com) Mac has nothing to do with it.
Pages: 1 2 3