MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to report sigs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering what the staff think is best. Should I pm someone or just report one of their posts? Because more and more people have referral links in their sigs.
(2010-07-05, 06:02 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just wondering what the staff think is best. Should I pm someone or just report one of their posts? Because more and more people have referral links in their sigs.

I think we are supposed to PM someone.
That's what I have been doing (usually Dennis Toungue). Just wondering if it's ok to use the report button because then anyone can do it.
As long as the post you are reporting contains the signature then we can see it Smile
(2010-07-05, 07:26 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]As long as the post you are reporting contains the signature then we can see it Smile
This.
PMs should only be used when necessary to detail more information, for example about how someone is bullying you, or a series of PM conversations, etc.

Also because if you PM a staff member they may not come on for a few hours/days whereas if you use the report button the next available staff member will see it. Smile
What is referral links?
(2010-07-06, 12:13 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]What is referral links?

They all differ, but essentially they look like this.

www.example.com/?aff=385721850
Basically a link which refers a user to a website. They usually benefit the person who gives out the link.