MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instaling MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My host is Blacknight and they don't have mybb in there app list so I was trying to add it by file uploading, seeing I have a mac it didn't work! I will try to add it by getting a lend of a mates windows laptop but is there anyway of doing it with a Mac?
Thanks.
Why is the thread title installing Wordpress?
Crap haha No sorry for that! Installing MyBB
I don't understand why uploading on a mac wouldn't work. My Macbook Pro allows me to upload MyBB to my host.
Mind me asking who your host is? Could I blame this on the host? (Blacknight)
You could, I use TheForumForge, it's a paid host but it has good prices.
Yeah we'll I pay €4.95 per month. I have emailed Blacknight asking them would they add MyBB to there "Web App" list. Honestly how are phpBB & SMF on before MyBB!?
Hope they fix it Sad
A mac or host shouldnt matter when it comes to uploading files. What FTP client did you try for the Mac?
Don't need it with blacknight at the moment. My mate has all those details. He's coming back this weekend. Maybe best wait so!
They send me back an email saying
"You can do a manual install of this application if you wish.

"The applications that we have available through the Application Vault are the ones that were put there by the control panel vendors. We have no control over this unfortunately.

Regards,"

Yes I know I can do a manual install but this didn't really help!
it shouldn't make a difference what your operating system is.

what ftp program did you use? Try filezilla http://filezilla-project.org/
Pages: 1 2