MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Real SEO friendly URLs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I setup my webmaster forum a couple of months ago now and have to say that I am very impressed with the software. My only problem is:

I'm wondering if it's possible to have even more friendly URLs for example:

forum.com/the-best-forum-software.html

instead of

forum.com/thread1.html

Is this possible? If so I would appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,
Jack
Google SEO plugin does this and more! Smile
It would be great this to be incorporated in MyBB 1.6, I don't like to make many modifications due to problems in the past.

Why don't to include it in the core as an option?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-69674.html
Quote:No new feature requests will be accepted. Whole new features are not going to be added at this stage and threads requesting new features will be closed. If you would like to suggest features for the next feature release, MyBB 2.0, you should post your idea on the Ideas site.
You think we can add a feature as big as SEO URLs when we're in a second beta...??
(2010-07-11, 11:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You think we can add a feature as big as SEO URLs when we're in a second beta...??

Then make this a feature in MyBB 2.0 Wink
(2010-07-11, 02:53 PM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-11, 11:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You think we can add a feature as big as SEO URLs when we're in a second beta...??

Which is still years away Toungue
(2010-07-11, 05:18 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-11, 02:53 PM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]

Which is still years away Toungue

and SEO could change so much by then Toungue
=D yeah a great idea and add the // support ¬¬ xD