MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some feedback on this template.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am working on a new template. I have a feeling it will get rejected the way it is, because it’s too simple IMO . So I need opinions on what I can change to make it better and have a better change at getting accepted.
It is only about half way finished so far. I am sort of stuck on what to add next.

Right now the features are as follows.
  • Color changer
  • Cufon font replacements
  • Content slider
  • Very light and easy to use
  • jQuery drop down menus
  • Other cool jQuery effects

I would love a few people to give me their opinion on the theme.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260...efolio.jpg

Thanks, Josh.
I think it's to simple Toungue. There needs to be more structure?(not sure if it's the right word)
Yeah, it looks like theres just a bunch of stuff on top of each other...no real structure.

Try making it wider...

Also i dont like the theme changer...
You need a container, that would fix the inconsistence I think. Just try it and post a screenshot.
IMHO, theme/color changers are really pointless and just make the page take longer to load because of all the javascript calls. :s
I dont like the fact there is not structure, its too bright too Smile

I may just be strange, but i prefer table based layouts, as they provide a clear backbone for the page Smile
(2010-07-06, 10:54 AM)mikalee70 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot of free templates to download over the web.You can choose your own theme and tags.There are 2 columns and different colors to choose.

cal flame
napoleon fireplace inserts

Wow, Reported.

He's a designer fool.
I like it, but the color change seems out of place.
Thanks for the advice guys. Now that I think about what everyone has said, I agree.
I might make it wider, not sure yet. And I agree with Lyndon on it looking like everything is just stacked on top of another.

@magicstuff: There isn't very much javascript at all. I am using jQuery, and it only takes about 6 lines of code.

It is pretty simple too. I have to agree on that. It was meant to be simple, hence the name, but it could be a little less simple I guess Toungue

Anymore feedback would be much appreciated!
Maybe if you make the tab that says style move when you click it.
Like when you load the page the list of styles is hidden, and when you click it again it slides out.
Pages: 1 2