MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is 1.6 Compatible With 1.4.x Themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I read this in a topic:
Quote:The version code has been incremented from 1501 to 1502. This is intentional. Any plugins or themes will need to be updated before you report problems, so the authenticity of your reports will not be questioned. You should not be running plugins or themes on any MyBB 1.6 beta with the exception of strictly testing purposes.

Does that mean 1.6 is not compatible with 1.4.x themes and plugins?

Thank's
Yes. They probably won't need major changes but they won't work straight away.
The ones with the most problems will have some type of admincp functionality. Those will all need minor changes to work.
Thats bad news Sad ... All of the plugins & themes currently available will not work before modifications Sad

Anyway thank's alot Smile
(2010-07-06, 08:05 PM)newaccount Wrote: [ -> ]Thats bad news Sad ... All of the plugins & themes currently available will not work before modifications Sad

Anyway thank's alot Smile

This is not true. All of my plugins (23 currently) are working just fine with MyBB 1.6 without any bugs. Just change this line in the plugin file (if applicable):

compatibility" => "14*",

to:
compatibility" => "1*",

For themes, for a quick conversion, just add the new css rules from the default 1.6 theme, and use the diff tool to find the updated templates and add the new stuff from the default 1.6 theme. It´s easy and you can quick convert a 1.4 theme to MyBB 1.6 in less than a hour.
Thank's alot Speeder Smile ... I hope its easy as you mentioned.
If any body make a toturial about how to convert the styles and plugin step by step, thats will be greate!
Generally you should change the compatibility indicator to 16* however the beta's version code is currently 15*. Just using 1* would also make the themes compatible with older versions of MyBB which isn't a good idea.