MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts from all forums I'm apart of?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know of a way to draw the stats from every forum someone is a part of and displaying it somewhere like a stat signature.. something that can combine all the the stats into one..

Example:

Username: Civil Engineer
Forums apart of: 12
Total posts: 123
You could only really do this if the forums were using something like OpenID.
That, along with something like my Forum userbar plugin
Would be an interesting concept, to say the least. And with something like OpenID (as stated), it's definitely more than possible.
Actually Tommy brings a great idea. The userbar plugin would work quite easily pending they all had it.
How though Mark? Just curious b/c I'm interested in finding a way to do it!
(2010-07-08, 06:43 AM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]How though Mark? Just curious b/c I'm interested in finding a way to do it!

Well it would involve changing the plugin to output in HTML, and then just add then together.
(2010-07-07, 11:47 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Tommy brings a great idea. The userbar plugin would work quite easily pending they all had it.

How would you verify it was the same person though?

You need login integration with a 3rd party service, that can store that kind of information from different websites
He means using OpenID Smile
(2010-07-08, 11:57 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]He means using OpenID Smile

Oops, my bad. Toungue

It couldn't be OpenID, though. It doesn't store that kind of information. A new, forum specific, service would need to be created.
Pages: 1 2