MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A couple of questions regarding templates/themes and profile fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya peeps! Just a couple of lil niggles I wanted to iron out!

First of all, I wanted to make some small display tweaks to the way posts are displayed within a thread. The "showthread" code points at $posts for displaying the posts, but I cant work out where $posts is to edit it. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Smile

Also, I want to make a small change to the date of birth field in profiles, changing the allowed values (in this case the years that are selectable in the drop down). How can I do this?

Thanks a lot guys,

Elwave
$Posts is a php variable created in the core code of MyBB. Most display changes can be done with the templates. What do you actually want to change?

The birth field in the profile would be in the usercp_profile template.
Oh I see, the DOB year field isn't done with a dropdown. What I wanted to do was disallow anyone under 18, so the person had to fill that field in with a value that makes them 18 or over. I don't think my coding knowledge is up to that though! lol

And the posts thing, basically I like to widen the user info field to the left of posts, as I find that when I don't do this it's width can vary depending on the length of the member's name. So I wanted to force this column to be a certain number of pixels wide, thereby keeping it consistent to the left of every post. Does that make sense?

It's a fiddly change I know! Smile
You'll need to edit the postbit_classic and showthread_classic_header templates to edit the widths.
You'll need to edit the postbit_classic and showthread_classic_header templates to edit the widths.