MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first problem is I edited my themes global.css links setting:

a:link {
	color: #444;
	text-decoration: none;
}

a:visited {
}

a:hover, a:active {
	color: #202020;
	text-decoration: underline;
}

Originally it was at it is now, and any links on the forum had a colour, but no text decoration until you hovered over it. I changed it the other day to be underlined.. but then found I did not like it, so changed the setting back.. However the underlines are not being removed! No idea why. Any ideas Sad?

My second problem is my forum keeps getting a huge load of random sign up which are basically robots, dodgy crawlers or whatever, all from either India, USA, and loads of other places. I have nothing against anyone from these places, but I just do not know how to prevent all these useless sign ups because they are not people.

I have tried plugins to stop this kind of thing, and they never work, or they block out people that shouldn't be blocked out

My site is www.cgamer.co.uk
(2010-07-07, 05:31 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]My first problem is I edited my themes global.css links setting:

}

}

}

Originally it was at it is now, and any links on the forum had a colour, but no text decoration until you hovered over it. I changed it the other day to be underlined.. but then found I did not like it, so changed the setting back.. However the underlines are not being removed! No idea why. Any ideas Sad?

My second problem is my forum keeps getting a huge load of random sign up which are basically robots, dodgy crawlers or whatever, all from either India, USA, and loads of other places. I have nothing against anyone from these places, but I just do not know how to prevent all these useless sign ups because they are not people.

I have tried plugins to stop this kind of thing, and they never work, or they block out people that shouldn't be blocked out

My site is www.cgamer.co.uk
Your CSS is:
}

}

}
Make sure your editing the correct global.css. For the second problem those aren't bots or crawlers unless you don't have CAPTCHA enabled. They are probably being paid to spam/troll/advertise on your forum.