MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting PHPBB2 Over To MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have already converted my first database over which was for vbulletin.Now when i try to convert my PHPBB2 database over to MYBB i get the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query:
    SELECT post_time, poster_id FROM phpbb_posts WHERE poster_id='2989' ORDER BY post_time DESC LIMIT 1 

Its a weird error because my servers MYSQL server is always up and was up during the merge.The merge wont let me start over again even after uploading a fresh copy it just keeps taking me to the user merge and says "1,000 users are importing right now. There are 8,222 users left to import and 8 pages left." Than that error pops up.How can i restart the conversion so it takes me back to the screen where i put in my database details?

Heres a link to the conversion:
http://xbox-unit.com/forums/convert/

Edit : For the person who asked what version of MYBB im using,I am running version 1.4 or whichever version you download in the download section for MYBB updates
You can't just upload a fresh copy of the merger system

If you backed up the MyBB db before starting the Merge, you can revert to that backup. Otherwise you need to reinstall MyBB from scratch. The current position of the Merger system is all tracked in the MyBB database. Also, you can't just "start over" since you've already got imported data in the MyBB database as well, which you would need to get rid of (thats why revert to backup db also) before you try merging again.

Since you already converted the vB database, I REALLY hope you made a backup between them.
I reinstalled and reset everything and i still get this error.I tried this merge on 2 different domains and get the same error.
(2010-07-08, 11:23 PM)Larry Daniels Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled and reset everything and i still get this error.I tried this merge on 2 different domains and get the same error.

Different domains wont help if they're still using the same physical MySQL server. The MySQL error means what it says, this isn't a problem with the Merge Module itself.

Try it on a different host, or if you're confident in your own abilities, try it on a localhost installed XAMPP server.

Or you can contact me via PM and we can try to work out an arrangement where I will take backups of your forum files and databases and perform the merge for you.