MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] jQuery collapsible sidebar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
You can do it in the theme. Just depends on what theme you're using. You can add:

position: relative;

to your container in global.css, and add this to the buttons class in the first post:

position: absolute;
right: -15px;
top: 0px;

Then mess around with it from there and put it where you want. Didn't test that code, but it should work.
Perfect! Thank you so much eric!
Well, its awesome at the first word.

But there is a little mishap. (I'm not saying bug or error as it really doesn't matter).
Don't know if it is already highlighted or not as I've not read all 11 pages.

Thing is if you rapidly click twice on the button (expand+collapse); the sidebar doesn't stay at side. It goes upon the forum index. Next click revise the mishap though.

Funny, ha?

Nice tutorial, thank you so much.
(2012-06-21, 04:40 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Well, its awesome at the first word.

But there is a little mishap. (I'm not saying bug or error as it really doesn't matter).
Don't know if it is already highlighted or not as I've not read all 11 pages.

Thing is if you rapidly click twice on the button (expand+collapse); the sidebar doesn't stay at side. It goes upon the forum index. Next click revise the mishap though.

Funny, ha?

Nice tutorial, thank you so much.
Then don't spam it. Toungue

Plus even if someone spams it it really doesn't effect anyone on the forum at all.
How to insert member stats in sidebar like:
User CP
Latest Threads
View Today's Posts
Private Messages
Open Buddy List
Log Out
(2012-06-30, 12:46 PM)msm Wrote: [ -> ]How to insert member stats in sidebar like:
User CP
Latest Threads
View Today's Posts
Private Messages
Open Buddy List
Log Out

Edit the sidebar code and add your own boxes/stuff.
If you don't know how, you can revert this sidebar and install SideBoxes plugin.
(2012-06-30, 08:30 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 12:46 PM)msm Wrote: [ -> ]How to insert member stats in sidebar like:
User CP
Latest Threads
View Today's Posts
Private Messages
Open Buddy List
Log Out

Edit the sidebar code and add your own boxes/stuff.
If you don't know how, you can revert this sidebar and install SideBoxes plugin.

of course that we need to edit the code! but the question is how we can do it? Which codes should be inserted?

I only need to have a box which shows recent posts from my website. something like an rss reader. How can I insert that? Where can I found codes for this stuff?
Thanks man Wink
In case anyone wants to see a live working forum using this, go here: techforums.biz
I am using it at CodingComputing.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13