MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will changing my theme cause any of my plugins to "break"? I remember last a time, a friend changed my theme for me and my "View Groups" plugin stopped working.
It depends on the theme you are going to use. Most plugins are developed on the default MyBB theme, and if the theme you are using has a different structure in that part of it, the plugin might not work correctly, or at all. The best way to find out is to try the new theme, and if the plugin doesn't work on it, come back here and someone might be able to fix it for you.
They won't break per se, but the code the plugin adds to templates won't be in the templates for your theme if the theme was installed after the plugin was.
(2010-07-08, 05:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]They won't break per se, but the code the plugin adds to templates won't be in the templates for your theme if the theme was installed after the plugin was.
Edit: Deactivating + Reactivating doesn't work. How do I fix my plugins?