MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vbulletin to mybb - a couple of simple questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I have a forum running on vbulletin4. And didnt take more then a month for me to realize how shitty vbulletin4 is! Now, I am looking to convert my vbulletin forum to mybb.

I am using vbullein 4.0.2- would mybb converter support that?

At the same time, is there any guide which will walk me through steps to convert?

Thank you all.
Moved to Merge Support
Thank you for moving bob.

Hi all,
I would appreciate your answers as I am in hurry to switch it over!
Currently VB4 conversion is not supported as far as I know. Maybe after 1.6x is released the merge system can be worked on.
Any indirect way like vbulletin4 to phpbb/smf and then to mybb?
That should work from phpbb2 if there is a converter.
I searched around, but i dont think even smf supports VBULLETIN 4 as if now. Any idea guys?
Maybe VB4 -> VB3 and then to MyBB? it returns some results in Google.

I also own a VB4 Suite and I have a bad feeling about IB's attitude with their customers.

Good luck.
(2010-07-09, 04:14 PM)puntocom Wrote: [ -> ]I also own a VB4 Suite and I have a bad feeling about IB's attitude with their customers.

Lol, what was that?
If there's enough interest in it, I could probably do the same thing for vB4 as I did for SMF 2 RC2/RC3... have a few paid sales of my custom module until my work time is covered and then donate it to the official merger system.

Except of course I'd need a few vB4 databases to test with, so I would need at least 5 people to provide backups of their databases & buy the module before I could make it and donate it.

I know many people don't like that I charge for the time I invest into such thing, but I'm sorry about that. My time is very precious to me.
Pages: 1 2