MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal, Subscription, and Sub-Forum questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Portal
Is there a portal that, when displaying the forum, is still visible at the top/left?
-I mean, all the myBB portals I have seen are simply front pages. When you click on the forum link, the format completely changes. I want to retain the left navigation bar, etc.

Subscriptions
Can you display subscribed forums and/or threads on the index page?
-Instead of requiring the member to visit the UserCP and click on each link, can these be displayed on the main forum index? I want to display favorite forums only, in a very condensed format.

Sub-Forums
How deep can sub-forums go?
-i.e. Can a sub-forum have a sub-forum, and so on?
Anyone feel like helping?
Safeway Wrote:Portal
Is there a portal that, when displaying the forum, is still visible at the top/left?
-I mean, all the myBB portals I have seen are simply front pages. When you click on the forum link, the format completely changes. I want to retain the left navigation bar, etc.
There's no portal atm that does what you want it to do. You can install Zahers Side Boxes mod. You can extend that modification to fit your needs.

Safeway Wrote:Subscriptions
Can you display subscribed forums and/or threads on the index page?
-Instead of requiring the member to visit the UserCP and click on each link, can these be displayed on the main forum index? I want to display favorite forums only, in a very condensed format.
This isn't a default feature of MyBB. Of course you can modify the code to insert that feature.

Safeway Wrote:Sub-Forums
How deep can sub-forums go?
-i.e. Can a sub-forum have a sub-forum, and so on?
Yes, that's possible. There's no limitation.
Thanks for the informative reply.

1) I hope MKPortal decides to extend functionality to MyBB, or a similar portal is released soon.

2) This shouldn't be too hard ... maybe?

3) Good to hear.