MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Official Merge Dev Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Ryan is pretty much the only guy maintaining and updating the merge system and he is also the lead dev maybe it's time he pass the torch on the project and assign the Merge system it's own small team.

With the growth of MyBB and the soon to be released 1.6x more attention should be spent on a good converter/merge system to be more attractive to existing forum admins who use other software.

Please consider this MyBB.
I agree. Or at least buy the rights to Ralgiths mergers. Toungue
Ryan's code is pretty good but it is complex imho. Certainly not average php code for anyone wanting to make their own converters could handle.
(2010-07-09, 01:42 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Ryan's code is pretty good but it is complex imho. Certainly not average php code for anyone wanting to make their own converters could handle.

I believe Ralgith's merges are based on or with the merge system with a few edits.
(2010-07-09, 01:42 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Ryan's code is pretty good but it is complex imho. Certainly not average php code for anyone wanting to make their own converters could handle.

I don't think you could make it any less complex for the intention of the project but criticism of where it could be improved would be helpful (from anyone)!

I agree however that we do need a small team of developers to take charge of the MyBB Merge System. I'm just spread way too thin these days.
(2010-07-09, 02:21 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think you could make it any less complex for the intention of the project but criticism of where it could be improved would be helpful (from anyone)!

I agree however that we do need a small team of developers to take charge of the MyBB Merge System. I'm just spread way too thin these days.

If i may put a suggestion in here. I'd send Imad and Ryan out on a mission, to advertise that MyBB is looking for a team. Make it like a reality TV show. Toungue /joking.
Oh my god. A bajillion names just came to mind.

Who wants to be a MyBBillionaire?
MyBB Idol
Whos got MyBB Talent?
The MyBB-Factor
Gordon Ramsay's MyBB Nightmares

Epic. Smile

Maybe you could maintain the base and have the modules assigned...like for VB4, VB3, phpbb2, SMF2 and so forth.
(2010-07-09, 04:03 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe you could maintain the base and have the modules assigned...like for VB4, VB3, phpbb2, SMF2 and so forth.

That's a good idea too. Writing the modules themselves is relatively straight-forward, just time consuming to test them.

I can easily maintain the base.
Maybe if you wrote a decent TUT for the module writing with some pointers this can be accomplished.
Pages: 1 2