MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I come back to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm using MyBB 1.4 and very happy with it, I love the professional feeling it has that remembers me to vBulletin and.... the better of all... it's free!!

Since Internet Brands bought vBulletin thinks are going bad for that software and MyBB is the way to go undoubtly. I'm here willing to help the MyBB project as possible as I can.

Regards.
Great to have you with us. Smile
Welcome back to MyBB! Glad you'll be here to help us out.
Curious if you can give us more background on your decisions. You appear to be a new member but your title infers a return of sorts. Would love to hear more.
(2010-07-10, 01:40 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Curious if you can give us more background on your decisions. You appear to be a new member but your title infers a return of sorts. Would love to hear more.
I took it as a part of a language barrier problem.

Although if you are returning to MyBB, I too am interested to know more. Smile
Hi, I'm setas.

I tried MyBB some time ago but I deactivated the community temporarily and now I'm running it again, and very happy with it. The template was easy to adapt and the forum is very user-friendly and feature-rich. Also there are lots of plugins that are easy and clean to install / remove.

MyBB has de feeling of the good vBulletin and, better of all, it's free! and constantly improving. Recently I bought a vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite license for a community and later I realised that vBulletin was bought by another company. Actually support for VB4 is very bad, I have to learn to live with some bugs that doesn't get resolved if I want to continue with vB. Each version increments the number of bugs, there are people that has lost attachments with upgrades and another horror stories. Really a pity for such a good piece of software like vBulletin was.

MyBB license gives me the tranquility that this will never happen.

And thanks labrocca for helping to buy MyBB.com domain name I think it's a very important move for the project.
setasalucinogenas Wrote:Since Internet Brands bought vBulletin thinks are going bad for that software...

You can say that again!!!

VB4 IS COMPLETE GARBAGE and i cant understand why anyone would degrade thier site by putting that trash on it!! (When what they had before was 100000% better!)

Yes i also think MyBB is quite awesome..... The staff here deserve all the credit we can give them Smile
You will never regret that you've switched to MyBB! Smile