MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Split Post Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a post moderation tool which splits the selected post from a thread and moves it to the "Trash" section of the forum.

When one of my moderators uses this tool on the first (and only) post of a thread, it splits it off and moves it into a new thread in the Trash forum, but also causes the original thread to mess up.

It sets the dateline and several other fields to 0 and the replies field to -1, causing the thread to drop off the system and cause some funny results with the Monthly Stats plugin.

Now I know that my mod shouldn't split the first and only post from a thread, but she's able to and it does damage the system.

Is this a bug? As far as I can make out it only happens on splitting a post using a post moderation tool.

UPDATE: I can confirm that this only happens when using a post moderation tool which splits the post. If you try to split the post using the standard inline moderation, it doesn't let you.

The system shouldn't let a post moderation tool do this.

UPDATE 2: Issue is also present in 1.6 Beta 1, not able to test on beta 2. I'm submitting a bug report.
You can track this issue at: [Issue #1075]