MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Are the language files of 1.6 beta the same as 1.6 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ,

I know that they should be the same , but I just wanted to be sure .
Should I start translating Mybb 1.6 from the beta language files or should I wait for the Final release ?

Thanks
Alwahsh
It is not 100% certain yet, so i'd wait a little bit.
Depends on whether or not you want the translation to be ready on the day of release. Since strictly speaking right now the beta is limited to bugfixes only, the language files should not change unless there is a bug in the language strings themselves.

Check out and translate the current revision, then when the final is here use SVN to see which differences there were... you shouldn't have to change much.

Of course if you want to be on the safe side just wait for the release and translate then.
If there is no bug forcing us to add some extra strings, or templates with extra string, I'd say no. But as it is not set in stone yet, I'd not be too sure about it.

However, even if there ARE changes, they'll be minor only, and easily addable. We of MyBBoard.de translated the first beta language files to German and only had to add a few more strings during beta progress.
Thanks everyone for answering me .