MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So i learned something new today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
People can (and do) DDOS your home IP. I never actually thought it could be done, in honesty i never thought of it. :/ ISP changing is changing it now.

Here is the convosation

"Welcome to XXXX how can i help you."
"Hi, i'm currently under a DDOS attack"
"I'm sorry we don't allow servers we can't help you."
"Well you see, its not a server, and regardless you have a server package which i am also on..."

Oh dear... don't some support people know nothing?
/all fixed now.
LMAO! Gotta love morons.
How did the attacker obtain your IP?
Whether it's microsoft, apple, your internet provider or a simple help desk from a device you just purchased, they just don't know.
Most home routers prevent denial of service attacks because they detect the flood of unreturnable packets and disallow them.
"I'm sorry, we need to preform an identity check before we can assist you please identify yourself with your proper birth date, billing address, billing method, first name, last name, your mothers maiden name, last thing you've eaten, do you a smoke?, phone number, winning lottery ticket, first ingrediant on the coke bottle, salery, salad dressing type, name all the states of America and the provinces of Cnada, send me 1$ and an asian hooker. Thanks you havea nice day!"

Thats pretty much how my internet company goes...
(2010-07-09, 09:47 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]How did the attacker obtain your IP?

Could be anything. I don't browse with a proxy, so it could be even just an avatar.

(2010-07-09, 11:11 PM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Most home routers prevent denial of service attacks because they detect the flood of unreturnable packets and disallow them.

To some extent at least.
I think this is only possible if you have open ports. (I may be wrong though.)
Anything that is publicly accessible can be DOSed. In all honesty though your ISP will notice the DDOS attack before it reaches you if you have a semi-decent ISP.
(2010-07-10, 02:21 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Anything that is publicly accessible can be DOSed. In all honesty though your ISP will notice the DDOS attack before it reaches you if you have a semi-decent ISP.

Semi decent is the key word. >_>.
Pages: 1 2