MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why i hate Sony Ericsson...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a new phone in december 2009. It is the SE Satio(also known as U1, U1i and Idou)
It was supposed to be SE's flagship phone. However not after a few months SE said they wont make anymore updates. WTF?? A phone that runs Symbian S60v5 with lots of bugs and no updates?
The phone is expensive, moreover im on a 24 months contract so until the end of 2011 i cant get a new phone.
Had i known things were gonna get like this i was never going to get this phone.
Their last firmware included a few new features and also patched our hole to hacking our phone thus.... I am never ever going to buy another SE phone(no matter what the features are)
A 12mpx camera phone wasted just like that not even 5 months after it's release.

It is a bit similar to the iPhone 4 reception problem..deploying an unfinished product
I have actually had some pretty good experiences with SE, my Dad had three identical SE's over 4 years because they were easy to use and robust (and he kept dropping them off his boat by accident). Having said that it was a "feature phone" not a smart phone and it was also just a flip phone so it's more what SE is good at. I think too many companies are trying to rush into touch screen phones to catch up to HTC and Apple and to save time they are trying to use their old software and technology which just doesn't suit this new style of phone.

Look on the bright side, in 24 months Android will be waiting for you 10 times more powerful than it is now Toungue
The phone manufacturer has no control over pushing firmware and updates. It is up to the provider to push the updates or make them available. I had the same problem with my Samsung Behold, was a great phone but T-Mobile ruined it.
Sony had some cool phones back when their MP3 phones were the first good ones on the market.. but since then, I've had zero interest in phones from them. It just doesn't seem to me like they are taking the mobile market seriously, and are more focused on other electronics. Even then, Sony isn't doing to great. They're no longer 'the' manufacturer to purchase from, like they used to be. I still love Sony, but their inflated prices just don't match up with what they're selling. You can often find something of nearly the exact quality with a different name and save 30% or more.

I can't think of one market they dominate in. When they used to dominate in nearly all of them.
I <3 their Bravias. Big Grin
(2010-07-10, 03:20 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]The phone manufacturer has no control over pushing firmware and updates. It is up to the provider to push the updates or make them available. I had the same problem with my Samsung Behold, was a great phone but T-Mobile ruined it.

That's not entirely true, LG always used to make their own updates, ad the carrier would just brand them. The version numbers would be 1.503a, with "a" signifying the carrier Smile
The manufacturers have no control over the OTA updates, the manufactures can control the hardware and have no access to the carriers network and thus cannot use the carriers servers. For example, Samsung released a firmware update for the Samsung Behold but T-Mobile refused to put it on their servers to allow OTA updates.
Go Android, Nuff said.
Motorola Karma, ftw!