MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Particle Cannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Intro: A forum I made a couple of weeks ago. We got a number of active members, but not enough to be considered a "large" community yet. Please join our ever-growing and friendly community!

Link: http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/

Other: N/A
Really 125 forums... Seriously bro I'd say 70% at least with 0 posts... You need to condense that.
Also none of your theme images show. :/
(2010-07-10, 01:46 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Really 125 forums... Seriously bro I'd say 70% at least with 0 posts... You need to condense that.
Also none of your theme images show. :/

It's perfect just the way it is, or so everyone else thinks. Only a dozen or so forums are actually first-level.
I agree with mark, there are far too many forums....So I guess not everyone else thinks it looks perfect!!
erm..nice start lol.

go with mark >.>
Well then, thanks for the feedback. I took your advice, made it smaller, and restructured it a lot.
I seriously can't tell you did anything O.o By condense i mean from 125 to like.. 15. also what about the second part of my first post.
Mark is right, you will have better results by starting with 15 active forums (I looked over each area and I would start with 15 based on your current forums) and then creating sub-forums as you go. Ideally you want to fill up the first 15 forums and then move threads to sub-forums as you create them so they aren't empty when you make them thus not impacting your users much. Your forum looks like a fake forum designed for a laugh so if you are somewhat serious I would redo it, unless your goal is to get some laughs from it then you have succeeded.
http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/for...hp?fid=483

this means that theres 483 forums in total unless you have deleted a lot of them but still 483

lets do some maths

480 forums
to be active a forum needs at least needs at least 40 threads (2 pages on default post per page setting)
to be a "thread" it needs to be at( bare minimum) least 6-8 posts long (being very lenient here ) so lets say 7 on average
therefore 7x40 = 280 posts per forum
480x280 = 134400 before you would even consider making so many forums

basically this is the typical timeline

Launch forum with example forum video games
Currently you have around 45 forums in total when in fact 1 can do for now

So Day 1 start forum video games
Day 1-60 forum starts filling up. If you notice a lot of threads for ps2/3 make a subforum - move threads
Day 60-whatever more threads/posts about 3ds ...make a new sub forum

Note Day 60 can be any period of time depending on how successful the forum is Smile

hope that helps good luck
Now look at it.
Pages: 1 2