MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OnLive is two weeks away from surviving it's first month...too bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OnLive hasn't failed yet. It deserves to fail though. I supported OnLive before it came out (after all, someone had to pick up the pieces after Sega canceled the Dreamcast 2). But have you seen the MINIMUM system requirements for OnLive? You require ATLEAST a 5 MB per second Internet connection, that's like a $500 a month connection. And even then, that's the bare minimum and will lag like crazy, you no doubt need atleast a good recommended 10 MB per second, which is about a $1000 a month connection. And with the economy as bad as it is today, well let's just say that OnLive, the fourth video game console (once they launch the MicroConsole), is going to be a failure. I'll be glad when this console and service go down. It will dissuade other companies from following in this failure's footsteps.
Wow, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Big Grin

MBps and Mbps are 2 different things. I currently pay $25/month for 7Mbps which is more than enough for HD content. And OnLive recommends a 5Mbps wired connections which is not a lot at all.
Lag has a lot to do with your Ping, not how many megs per second.
You mean latency, not ICMP. Wink
Dubai isp's are rather pricey aren't they?
It's 5 mega bits silly. 8 bits are in a byte. Roadrunner has 7Mbps and it's like $30 a month. 15Mbps is available from Verizon for $50 a month.

I got into the founding members program and am loving it. ^_^
But, ya you can get atleast 10Mbps pretty easily now a days.
I have Road Runner.

[Image: 875410915.png]
(2010-07-10, 06:08 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I have Road Runner.

[Image: 875410915.png]

Damn, I should switch to the residential. Sad
[Image: 875433561.png]
(2010-07-10, 06:35 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, I should switch to the residential. Sad
[Image: 875433561.png]

Your upload speed is better though.
Pages: 1 2