MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going back and Forth....Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So. I'm really upset right now. My friend gave me a vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suit license, it turns out after re-opening my site like a thousand times it DOES give people a right to say: "Wow the admin is an idiot with no direction."

BUT its really not that, its the darn bugs vB4 has, IT SUCKS big time, they released it to early and like wow customers are just giving up, vBulletin is gonna be history soon perhaps.

The point is, in what state am I in? Should I go to stable vBulletin 3.8.x, or drop all together and go back with MyBB.

I know the answer is probably MyBB most likely, but it turns out I'm a theme developer now on vB. Its fun to make themes, its a new hobby of mine. OR I can do the ol' switch and become a MyBB theme maker, or do both, either way I need advise deciding where my site goes.

I maybe not a good programmer or designer (explains why my themes come out late), but I'm good at management.

Any advise old friends?
I don't know a lot about vBulletin, I only helped a community to upgrade to 4.0 and that was pretty much all. Apart from moderating/administrating the odd vBulletin site here and there. So I'm not exactly sure what bugs you're talking about?

In any case, the advise you're more than likely to get on here is to come back to MyBB. However, only you can make the decision. We can only give you reasons to or not to decide one or the other.

Best of luck in either case. Smile
(2010-07-10, 11:05 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know a lot about vBulletin, I only helped a community to upgrade to 4.0 and that was pretty much all. Apart from moderating/administrating the odd vBulletin site here and there. So I'm not exactly sure what bugs you're talking about?

In any case, the advise you're more than likely to get on here is to come back to MyBB. However, only you can make the decision. We can only give you reasons to or not to decide one or the other.

Best of luck in either case. Smile

I appreciate your reply.

New direction for my website is a horrifying course. I have been an administrator for 7 years and as I go on bragging I can't help to not notice so many success coming out of MyBB consumers. I been coming back every now and then to get updated.

I'm really flattered on the new MyBB 1.6 Series, I hope you guys make a huge difference within all boards. Yet you guys already have amazing results by thousands of consumers.

BUT I will make my contributes to MyBB when my site comes fully operational, I grantee that. I'll make reallllly nice premium themes to be released free.

Thanks all, and good to be back. Smile
I still love vBulletin 3.8 and I've been advising the forum owners I work for to stick with it and not upgrade to 4.0... I just hope they listen.
(2010-07-10, 11:49 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I still love vBulletin 3.8 and I've been advising the forum owners I work for to stick with it and not upgrade to 4.0... I just hope they listen.

Yeah true.

Ever since the whole Internet Brands, the vB4.0 falling like a rock tied to the leg. I mean if you could see the customer feedback forum phew man, its a mad house!!! So many bugs, so many people dropping out etc. I'm giving my site a complete make over. I'm going to make it look real gooood with vB 3.8.x as the community.

I WILL contribute to MyBB, wBB, and vBulletin with themes like never before!
(2010-07-10, 10:59 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]BUT its really not that, its the darn bugs vB4 has, IT SUCKS big time, they released it to early and like wow customers are just giving up, vBulletin is gonna be history soon perhaps.

Indeed, I hope so.
(2010-07-10, 10:59 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]The point is, in what state am I in? Should I go to stable vBulletin 3.8.x, or drop all together and go back with MyBB.
It depends - do you want to spend money on vBulliten or would you prefer a free software. I would go for mybb, personally.

(2010-07-10, 10:59 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]I know the answer is probably MyBB most likely, but it turns out I'm a theme developer now on vB. Its fun to make themes, its a new hobby of mine. OR I can do the ol' switch and become a MyBB theme maker, or do both, either way I need advise deciding where my site goes.
Making themes on mybb is incredibly easy to get the hang of.

(2010-07-10, 10:59 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]I maybe not a good programmer or designer (explains why my themes come out late), but I'm good at management.
Neither am I, to be honest, but I have managed to make a theme on mybb. When using phpbb3 I struggled much more when making themes.

Set up a mybb forum on localhost or something and try and make a theme and just see how it goes. You might find that mybb is quite userfriendly.
vBulletin's alright. 4 sucks. 3.8.x is the best.
I liked "some" of the functions that vb had but once i found mybb i will never use vb again. I looked at ipb but i found the layout to be jumbled and confusing. If you honestly look into vb4 you will see that the new owners "Internet Brands" are ripping off customers left and right. Bad business practices will surely sink vb....

This guy is so pissed about vb4 : http://www.forumpostersunion.com/showthread.php?t=8864
Looks like you're the second person that's posted a thread like this here. It's really too bad. vBulletin is / was a great software. MyBB welcomes you all though. Big Grin
I have two Vbulletin licenses. One is on a forum as we speak, while the other is unused. Vbulletin 3.8 was awesome. Vbulletin 4.0 is terrible. Maybe 4.1 will be better... I don't know.

If you stick with MyBB, you'll be able to advertise via the MyBB forums, which ime has generated a lot of visitors to my site. The only reason I think of as to why you should use VB 4 is because of Vbulletin.org. Other than that, either 3.8 or use MyBB.
Pages: 1 2