MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTube help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed the plugin "MyTube" and i tried to edit the text where it said "Youtube:" to "Share your favourite Youtube video". So i deactivated the plugin and reuploaded the mytube.php file however i now have 3 "Youtube:" fields on my edit profile page. Please help Smile

Note: I have deleted the mytube.php file from my server.
Solved by going here: /admin/index.php?module=config/profile_fields

Found it on here in another simular thread about a twitter field, thanks guys.
I had the same problem. Great add-on, but this file was difficult to work with as it must be completely uninstalled to fix the displayed text.

The easiest way to delete the additional profile fields is to go to:
ACP>Config>Custom Profile Fields select delete from the Options button.

I was able to change the "YouTube" to "My Favorite YouTube Video!" on the profile display, but it involved deactivating the fields, deactivating the plugin, deleting the plugin, editing the php file locally and then reuploading the corrected file.

If you want to do the same, you have to edit this line:
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>Youtube</strong></td>

to something like:
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>My Favorite YouTube Video!</strong></td>

If you also want to change "Youtube" on the Edit profile page to give your members a little more direction, you need to edit:

function mytube_activate()
{
global $mybb, $db;

$profilefield = array(
"fid" => "",
"name" => "Youtube",
"description" => "The video ID of the video you wish to show in your profile.",

TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

{
global $mybb, $db;

$profilefield = array(
"fid" => "",
"name" => "Display a YouTube video in your profile (enter link):",

Last thing to note, the field (displaying the link) is automatically hidden for members on the profile page. However, admins can still see it. No need to figure out how to remove it if you are trying to create a clean profile page.
~Beth
(2010-10-09, 08:16 PM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem. Great add-on, but this file was difficult to work with as it must be completely uninstalled to fix the displayed text.

The easiest way to delete the additional profile fields is to go to:
ACP>Config>Custom Profile Fields select delete from the Options button.

I was able to change the "YouTube" to "My Favorite YouTube Video!" on the profile display, but it involved deactivating the fields, deactivating the plugin, deleting the plugin, editing the php file locally and then reuploading the corrected file.

If you want to do the same, you have to edit this line:
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>Youtube</strong></td>

to something like:
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>My Favorite YouTube Video!</strong></td>

If you also want to change "Youtube" on the Edit profile page to give your members a little more direction, you need to edit:

{
global $mybb, $db;

$profilefield = array(
"fid" => "",
"name" => "Youtube",

TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

{
global $mybb, $db;

$profilefield = array(
"fid" => "",
"name" => "Display a YouTube video in your profile (enter link):",

Last thing to note, the field (displaying the link) is automatically hidden for members on the profile page. However, admins can still see it. No need to figure out how to remove it if you are trying to create a clean profile page.
~Beth
Well I just want the theme you use Big Grin its awesome please can i get it? Smile
BTW, as the creator of said plugin, I just wanted to point you to the global templates =P You can edit exactly what you wanted to edit right there without faffing on with editing the PHP file Wink I'd already thought about such a need.