MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help uploading MyBB.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dowloaded MyBB to my desktop, i already purchased domain name..i can upload up to 20 files at a time from file manager at my website.
My question is which files from the upload folder i need to upload?
and after uploading all the files, what is the next step that i need to take?
Thanks in advance.
[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

You need everything in the Upload folder, that's why it's there Smile After everything's uploaded you need to go to yourdomain.com/install/index.php and run through the wizard; you'll need to create a database before doing this. You don't need to upload files individually or 20 at a time, if you use an FTP client like FileZilla you can upload everything at once.
(2010-07-10, 11:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]you'll need to create a database before doing this.
Could you explain how to do so?
Not really, I don't know what control panel your host provides you with. If it's cPanel, there should be an option somewhere to create a database, or database management, something like that. You basically just give it a name; you'll probably also need to create a database user, give it full rights, and assign it to the database.
(2010-07-10, 11:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, I don't know what control panel your host provides you with. If it's cPanel, there should be an option somewhere to create a database
No it is not cpael, to clear things up, i got my domain name from Webs, i paid for one year, i can add pages like Wiki, members,...they also have file manager that i can choose from: single file uploader, multiple file uploader, super multi uploader or upload files via email.
There must be some sort of database management options somewhere in the host control panel... can you printscreen the homepage of the control panel??
Most hosts use either cpanel, vista panel, or ipanel. All of which should have a place to create and manage databases.
What host are you using?

As for uploading only 20 files, you could re-zip all the files and folders in the upload folder, giving you just 1 single file again. Then upload that. Once it's uploaded, you should beable to extract it on the server.

Just curious...does your host provide ftp accounts?
His host is http://www.webs.com/ is I'm not wrong.
(2010-07-11, 12:28 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]His host is http://www.webs.com/ is I'm not wrong.
That is correct, and i am stil trying to find what kind of database management i got in there.
All what i can see is site manager that let add/ delete & edit pages and aplications.
Webs won't work for this. You'll need an actual host. (www.hostgator.com, www.dreamhost.com, etc.)
Pages: 1 2