MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems when performing backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am having some issues when perfoming site backups.

It happens in all IE, FireFox and GoogleChrome

What happens is when I perform a backup, the back up size is smaller than it was before (It was 4.2MB) and it has shrunk to 1.25MB and worse still, when I perform another back up (trying again) the size is either smaller like 1.11Mb or a bit bigger IE 2.5 MB it differs each time I try and it is very strange

It is very strange and I am worried as these backups are very important incase anything happens to the forums and I need to get all my members back Confused

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Are you counting the size of the actual database or the compressed database?
(2010-07-11, 03:26 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Are you counting the size of the actual database or the compressed database?

No ....

Ok, I downloaded a backup the day before which was 4.2MB but today I try again and it is 1.25MB and then I try again and it is 1.11MB it keeps changing size each time I try. I dont know what the issue is ConfusedConfusedConfused
Compare them and look what's the difference..
Just look and see if they are the same, in other words, have the same structure
(2010-07-11, 04:08 PM)Malietjie Wrote: [ -> ]Just look and see if they are the same, in other words, have the same structure

How would I do that ...
Notepad++ has a great compare feature.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
(2010-07-12, 01:55 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Notepad++ has a great compare feature.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Ok upon comparing 2 downloads I found that they have a different amount of lines

One has 9986 and the other 34876

I tried again (performing a backup) in firefox and got this error:
C:\Users\ALEXUN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2ZA9HuYd.gz.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I am getting confused now Confused please help me Sad
Here is an image of the error, it might help. :

[Image: Untitled-1-1.png]
Hmmm I dont think I can help you ..
As I told you in another thread you made, that's a Firefox problem and not a MyBB issue.

This is why we say don't make duplicate threads, we just end up repeating ourselves.
Pages: 1 2